Total Pageviews

Friday, November 22, 2013

Rush crush? What about a Wood Lush?

0k...... Ignore the title of this Post. I still love Rush with all my heart and still have a Rush Crush all the way, but meeting Woods in a more deeper way made me rethink my loves. But I still love Rush. Who wouldn't?
....................................................................................................................................................................
Life outside of her house was a new experience for Della Sloane. The dark secrets of her past weren’t something she ever intended to share with anyone. They would never understand. No one would ever get close enough to find out. There was always a chance she’d go crazy sooner than they expected…

Woods Kerrington had never been one to be attracted to fragile females. They seemed like too much work. He wasn’t in it for the work just the pleasure. A night full of naughty fun had been exactly what was on his mind when he’d laid eyes on the hot little number that didn’t know how to pump gas and needed some help.

What he didn’t know was she was as fragile as they came.
The carefree girl who spoke her mind and didn’t care what the world thought of her was more breakable than he could ever imagine…
Spoiler section. Read it at your own  
risk.................................................................................................................................................
 
I loved the lack of major drama in this book. I also loved the prologue where her mom just died and she is explaining what is happening without going into depth. I love the way they meet at the gas station and they just start rubbing against each other. I love those kind of books that they just go straight to the point. I really liked the chemistry and all of it. I just really liked this one.

17333880When I  first started reading Fallen too far, I got so frustrated by it, that I dropped the series. I didn't want to read them. Im glad I continued this journey. I've always loved woods and when I heard his book was coming out, I completely freaked. I wanted to buy it immediately, but I knew there would be spoilers for the first Rosemary series, so I hold on until now. Im glad I continue this adventure.

I loved woods and I love that he doesn't let anyone stand in his way, that he takes what he wants. It took him a while to figure out that, indeed, he wanted Della, but when he finally realized he had to make his move, he went for it.

And that leads us to the next topic: Tripp.

Who loved Tripp? *me raising my hand*
I loved Tripp's easy going attitude and how he is there for Della no matter what. At first I suspected that there would be a tiny conflict involving the tree of them (love triangle) but at the end, it ended up just being him and just taking care of his friend. The way Della and Tripp are with each other reminds me of Callie and Seth's relationship (The redemption of Callie  and Kayden) the only deference is that Tripp is straight and Seth is gay.

I loved that we saw more of Rush and Blaire in the series. I just missed them and wanted to know what happened to them afterwards, and I got my wish. Thank you Abbi!

To get serious, when I started reading those flashbacks, I got really scared, because I could see it happening. I could see myself in that kind of situation, and that scared me. I was really scared of reading the flashbacks, and I was scared of her mother. Her mother was a lunatic, that needed help, but unfortunately, no one was there to help them.
She had this obsession of never going into the outside because it was dangerous, and as a result, Della never saw the sunlight until early teens. Imagine your lives like that, where you have no freedom, and your own mother keeps the windows and doors because she thinks that the outside is dangerous. That your own mother would talk to your dead brother, and at the age of 5, you are already acknowledging that your mother is crazy.
That's what scared me.
..........................................................................................................................................................
0k, I think we can all agree that this was a long review, but I just had so many things to say about this book and it all came out. I'm just glad your still reading and haven't closed this because of how long it is. I love you guys!!!

Buy an "I love woods" T-shirt here!!!
http://store.abbiglines.com/products/i-love-woods-t-shirt

I LOVE BOOKS AND I HOPE YOU DO TOO

No comments:

Post a Comment