Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell (SPOILERS)

This book..... WHY DID I NOT READ IT BEFORE? 

So many people on goodreads kept reading it and praising it, but I was hesitant. The cover and the story did not intrigued me so I kept putting it aside. A month ago, I went to Barnes and Nobles on a shopping spree and bumped into Fangirl. Last freaking copy, just waiting for me to grab it and take it home with me, just whispering take me with you....

So I did. 

After a few days, I had still not picked it up. I kept making all this excuses that were terrible to be honest, and just DID NOT PICKED IT UP. 
Until one day I decided I had to read it. I mean, so many people praising this damn book has to mean something. 

So I did.

I picked it up and stared chapter 1, the scene where we get introduced to Levi. Am I the only one who ship them since the begging. I was so excited and so happy, reading their relationship develop into something beautiful. There was these scene in particular where he had met Wren (Cath's sister) and she is talking about how she doesn't want to talk about her sister and how pretty she is and then Levi, being Levi, says "She is superman and your Clark Kent....." and then he says something like "Let me know when you take off your glasses" That scene in particular gave me the shivers :) It was so cute. I loved his side of the story on the beginning, when she meets him, and he is just standing there, looking all adorable and.... I swooned. And laughed. And loled. This book made me LOL. I loled a lot fangirl. Its just the way she is and the way she thinks. 

I had never connected with a character so much in my life. NEVER. This story literally sounds like its telling my story about my college years. This girl and I are one. I get you Cath, I really do. 



Levi and Cath. 
I'm going to describe their relationship in one word: Fresh. 
Reading their relationship brought me back to my  Anna and the French Kiss years. It brought me back to remembering what a real relationship. Mostly, it was drama-free, except for the Mother problem (I will come back to this) Levi was the best guy ever. Best boyfriend ever actually. Why exactly would you cheat on him, Reegan? Your stupid. They had the sweetest relationship, specially when Cath read fanfiction to Levi. That made my day. The fact that Cath wrote fanfiction was such a delight to read. It was so cute when she read Simon and Baz. Swoon. Cath was adorable in these relationship. The way she would freak when something serious- like kissing- happened. But who would had thought behind the shy little girl was a kissing tiger. The way she kisses Levi, all mouth. Lol. The fact that Cath couldn't write that freaking paper set my nerves on fire. It was on assignment that she kept putting aside. AN EASY A FOR HER. Seriously girl, get your shit together. And what made it worse is that Levi and her teacher kept telling her to do it, and she just couldn't write a damn paper. 

But at the end of the day, she wrote the paper :) 

"You know that I'm falling in love with you, right?"
This up here was my social suicide. So, I was sitting in class, reading, chilling, with my pencil in hand and I was reading this scene and had tears in my eyes and then, when he ways that, I screamed. In the middle of the class. Thousands of eyes zoomed in my direction, watching me, my hands in the air and my goofy smile. Then I sat down, realizing what I did. Thanks, Rainbow, for my social suicide and what not. 

*If you look close, its Levi in the cover, not Nick*

Simon and Baz..... Real or not?
This story grabbed my heart and didn't let it go. I ended up shipping Simon and Baz..... like what? I got hooked on the Simon Snow series and Carry on, Simon. Its just amazing how Ms. Rowel could create a story within a story and now my major question is.... Are the series real? Its too good to not be real, but then again, it could be Harry potter.... but Harry potter already existed in the series, so it remains a mystery. The passion Cath had for these two characters where amazing, by the way. She had that fangirl spirit, bringing joy and connecting with the Simon Snow fans like she knew them. I loved the scene when they are talking about it and she is like "Have you read the books?" and he answers, "I've seen the movies" And she rolls her eyes, so hard it hurt (her words, not mine) and she was "on the verge of tears. Lol, I can connect so much because that is my reaction to people saying that. 

Other characters and how much I hated/loved them.
When I stared the book, I saw Wren as my best friends best friend. It was so good how Wren and Cath were total opposites from each other, but not really. How Wren was on this path of destruction and how she never cared about anything. Until she went to the hospital *eye roll* I'm sorry, but at the beginning, Wren was not my friend. I didn't liked her, but then she started blooming into this awesome character that made me respect her more. 
When Cath starts hanging out with Nick, I thought he was the love interest, despite the fact that I wanted her with Levi. Nick was freaking boring and a jerk. Never liked him. Sorry. 

But, wrapping it in a pretty bow, the story was amazing, well written and super creative. 

A for amazing. 

I love books and I hope you do too!
FR

No comments:

Post a Comment