Total Pageviews

Friday, December 5, 2014

Second Star to the Right

So by the title of the blog post you may have guessed already what book I'm reviewing today.

That's right...... PETER PAN by J.M Barrie

 
For the past few weeks I've developed this crazy obsession with Wendy and Peter Pan & got into the biggest depression ever. I cried watching the movie, especially the windows scenes where Peter told Wendy they never had to worry about grown up things again. Personally, that is one of my favorite  scenes on Peter Pan (2003) and that movie hit me so hard I started reading fanfiction, and started crying because not even in OUAT do this two amazing characters end up together.
 

 
By about right now you're starting to wonder why a fifteen year old girl would obsess so much about Peter Pan..... it gets worse
We have reach that time of Thanksgiving when my stash of PP fanfiction stops, & I have nothing left...... then I see it. Peter Pan, the book, ON SALE. It was a sign. Of course I bought the book &&&& the movie & now we have reached the part where I start ranting about how amazing and magical Peter Pan was
 
Lets start.....
 
 
Peter Pan was such a precious sneaky little thing. He was always causing trouble and was fixiated on Wendy to be his mother. Of course Wendy never wants to be Peter's mother, she wants to be so much more. But because of his innocence, even tho he has killed pirates and danced with fae folk, he never really understands what Wendy wants, but in his heart he knows is real. Peter doesnr want it to be real
 
'I was thinking' he said, a little scared. 'It is only make-believe, isn't it, that I am their father?'
 
Peter never trully wants to feel anything for anyone, because only grown ups felt things and Peter wanted to stay young and play games for the rest of his life. But I'm getting ahead of myself. Lets go back to the time Wendy, John and Mikael were at the nursery, minutes before their lives would get turned upside down...... forever....
W
My feelings on this book were so conflicted. I loved the setting, I loved neverland, I loved the pirates, hook, tink, smee
 
EVERYONE WAS PERFECT
 
As a very big Darling Pan shipper, my shipping heart never stopped sobbing. For example.... did you knew Peter and Wendy actually kiss two times in the beginning of the story? Wendy wanted to show Peter what a thimble was and gave it to him, but Peter wanted to give her one also so he gave her one AGAIN. This is when TinkerBell pulls Wendy's hair, the typical Disney scene we all know and adore.
 
I wish someone would do a Peter Pan version where our two favorite heroes can finally have their epic love story! Hey.... maybe that'll be me if no one beats me to it ;)
 
The difference between the book and the movie are so ginormous, I cant begin to list them, but the book is so worth reading. There was never a moment when I thought "wow this book is boring" because it wasn't. The writing style was beautiful. It was as if the author was talking to the reader, and so many beautiful quotes that stayed with me
 
One of the quotes that I'm never forgetting is "To die would be an awfully big adventure". This quote is beautiful and full of truthiness it surprises me how much this book can teach me. It thought me that growing up is not a bad thing, and that no matter what, you're always going to have you're childhood with you
 
 
Captain Hook was fantastic also. That man scared the bejesus out of me, with his hook and his horrible face, but tbh ive always had a liking for hook. He's my favorite villain and has a very special place in my heart & Hook and Peters revelry has always fascinated me so much. Although hook in the movie was just a mean asshole. In the book at least he shows a little of humanity.
 
Wendy and Peters relationship at the end..... I wanted to sob. This ending has always made me so bitter, and I always resented Edward for marrying Wendy instead of staying with Peter. TBH Return to Neverland has always been my childhood movie, so I cant hate on it. But the fact that Jane and Peter are a thing on tumblr disgusted me
 
Wendy and Peter for eternity xoxo
 
 
 

 
Literally this gif is my everything I cant handle myself. For those asking, yes I did bought the movie and yes I will be watching it until I will bleed from crying my eyes out. I cant even with this two
 
To wrap this up, the book was so magical- WAIT.
 
I forgot the lost boys...... ;(
 
How could I..... okay those boys are my everything and I have no idea how I could forget such precious creatures. They are so loyal to Peter and each other, and each of them have such original names I love them. Besides... they are so cute!
 
Peter is there too, so it helps ;)
 
I think that's all. I loved this story and I loved Peter Pan and I love Wendy Darling and DarlingPan
 


 
I love books and I hope you do too!
FR
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment