Total Pageviews

Monday, December 22, 2014

Amour Amour

I'm sorry for posting this so late! I'm already one book behind *cries*. I just wanted to plan this to the maximum because this book, even though it was a stand alone, was absolutely beautiful! I loved Nikolai and Thora and their dynamic and how much they loved each other! I loved the characters and the friends and I even gained a new ship! and OMG my babies were in this book. Remember how in the Interview Krista and Becca told us that the Calloway sisters were going to be in this book? Well they were! OMG I was so excited and to see Thora fangirl over Lily and Rose and Daisy! It was like a dream come true *heart eyes* I have so many things to say about this book so just sit back and enjoy. This is going to be a long one.
The whole book was beautiful. Lets start with beginning. The book starts with Shay and Thora saying goodbye to each other and you can immediately understand that Shay and Thora are nothing more than best friends, but honestly Shay is that realist that spended almost the whole book telling Thora that she wasn't good enough. That she could never be more than what she was at the moment. And what I loved about Thora is that she never gave up. Not once, even tho he kept telling her that she wasn't good enough. .
"He's not the Clyde to my Bonnie or the Damon to my Elena. Shay is and will always be the Lucas to my Haley. A great, protective friend. Like that of One Tree Hill. Who will always point out the storm ahead of me while I choose to relish in the sunshine" - Thora James
Lets fast forward to the first meeting. The first glance. Their first meet was so amusing. Nik basically is a guy there in a circle called "The God of Russia" and he is choosing one person. Like a normal person Thora goes and sees what's going on and Nik chooses her. She without knowing who he is goes and stands in the middle and he tells her she has to drink 3 shots and do a handstand with him & the first one who falls loose. Thora looses. Anyways Nik ends up being part of Thora's audition for Amour. Amour is basically like Circus Du Solei and it so cool how Becca and Krista described the settings of all the places.

I loved John. John was an amazing character. I loved how he acts like he doesn't give a shit about anything or anyone but ends up with Tino, who reminds me a lot of Feliciano from Hetalia. Yeah I watch anime sue me. I compare a lot of my anime characters to book characters & you would be surprise how similar they end up being. Tino is an much more perky version of Nik and in a lot of ways very annoying to some. But he ended up being one of my favorite characters in the book. John and Tino ended up being THE couple of the century. What can I say? I'm a sucker for gay romance. I love it and they had so much chemistry I NEED the novella/book in their POV.
"I spot Jonh. And Timo. I zero in on them and my mouth drops. John has Timo pressed against the wall, their lips touching, their tongues- is a make out session that brings the heat back to this club. No parting, eyes closed, like no one is watching. Timo clutches John's hair, their bodies welded together. And John drives the kiss deeper, more skilled than he lets on. They fit perfectly; their height, their built. On equal territory and footing" -Thora on Timo and John
Can we talk about how much of a sweetheart Nikolai Kotova was? He was swoon worthy and probably the only person who talked to Thora without any bullshit. He actually saw Thora's blossoming talent an never gave up on her. I loved that. I loved how sweet he was with her. But I hated that he loved her enough to not beg her to stay. That hurt me every time, but I guess that's what had to happen. He always believed on her even though it seemed like everything worth nothing. And even tho he always wanted her to stay, he let her choose her dream instead of him and that's what mattered .
"Don't love me more than your dreams, myshka. Because I love you too much to let you give up on them" -Nikolai

The ending was beautiful. How Nik told her that he had been teaching her the routine for Amour and how in the end Nik and Thora ended being partners inside and outside the stage.

When the calloway sisters entered tho. The fact that they wet to the show and saw Thora perform was amazing and how Thora just started freaking out over it I couldn't. But the bst part was this. I swear this was hilarious.
"This is worse than having The Vampire Diaries here," I realize
"They were here last week," Nikolai tells me. 
I gape. "What?" I missed them? What was I doing? God what if you were washing your hair? How lame. I look up and see Nikolai close to laughing.
"Joking," he says "I don't even know what The Vampire Diaries is"
Everything about this book deserves praise because damn if it wasn't good. Nothing will top the Addicted series but this comes close to reaching the goodness of it. Literally couldn't put it down. Even the small characters like Nik's other brothers and sister and Camila were amazing and I loved how in the end she ended up having a life happy with her new family

*Shay ends up realizing that following his dreams was the right thing like Thora did which is so copy cat stay on your lane. Good thing he gets the European tour and is so far from thora and his negative ways*

I love books and I hope you do too!
FR

No comments:

Post a Comment