Total Pageviews

Friday, December 19, 2014

Captivated by You Review


Annoyance. That is my first emotion when I finished this book. Total and Utter annoyance towards Eva Grey and Gideon Cross. The things they did on this book were absolutely UGHHHH. Honestly, Gideon needs to learn to not stick his nose in things that he shouldn't be involved in and Eva needs to learn to be more compasive (how do you even spell that?). Literally, the man almost lost you ones. You cant blame him to want to protect you. I get that he's doing things in quite a bad manner, but  you shouldn't judge him so harshly. Most of this characters were good but kind of annoying, but in some ways I loved this book. I love reading Eva and Gideon's love story, no matter what. They remind me a lot of Christian and Ana, except for the fact that Gideon definitely has more baggage than Christian. The last book was definitely intense, especially the plane scene, but this book was just Eva facing her fears straight ahead. I loved seeing Gideon face his issues and Eva helping him and I loved seeing their relationship grow and I loved seeing Eva become independent. I will always love this series. Lets start.
The reason I'm using this fancy font is to honor the fancy pen in the cover of CBY. CBY is a story that mainly surrounded trust. Trust in each other and trust in their abilities to be able to be with each other. Throughout this story, we see Eva and Gideon expand their relashionship. We see Cary's journey on becoming someone he was forced to become and how everything just pulls back together at the end. This journey is just so heartbreaking, because even tho sometimes this characters get n you're nerves, you cant help but fall for them. They have a way of making you love them and hate them at the same time, and personally I think its a story you don't want to miss.

Sylvia Day grabs us ones again in this romantic journey. In "Entwined by You" we finished in the wedding scene. Gideon and Eva got married, making us think the rode had ended for them.... But not quite yet. CBY starts with Gideon in the shower. What better way to start a book right? I mean YUM the man is delicious. He's in the apartment with Eva and he's contemplating his time in the island with her getting married. Their relashionship amazed me, and the depth of his love always leaves me breathless. What both characters went through is something that is unimaginable to many, and it gives me such happiness to see their unbreakable love survive everything.
“My wife would fight the world for me. It was miraculous to know that. When no one else had fought for me, I’d somehow found the one soul who would.”- Gideon Cross
 As the book progresses we see the struggle Gideon has and we come back to the tape. The tape on Eva and her ex Kline having sex. This issue takes over most of the book, starting in the beginning, when Eva and Gideon are talking about her trip to San Diego. Throughout most of the book, Eva makes Gideon face the fact that he uses sex as a distraction from thinking. She brings this up many times, and most of the times she's right. But she's also wrong. It makes us wonder about how much we're going to deal with in the next book, considering the way this one ended. Another issue we deal with is jealousy. Gideon's possessiveness towards Eva are one of the things Eva is really upset about. But she has to understand that he's scared to loose her. Scared to be apart from her, and that makes me really happy. Both of them love each other so much and it's perfect.
 
“Goddamn it. You’ll never be without me. We’re going to grow old together. Die together. I’m not going to live a single day without you.”- Gideon Cross 
“If you’re going to worry about anything, Gideon, it should be me . Because I can’t be rational when it comes to you. I’m crazy about you. Literally. I can’t think about a future without you— it freaks me out.”- Eva Cross
The ending of this book made me just UGH. Eva leaves Gideon because of him offering Mark a job, forcing her to make the decision on moving to Crossfire Company quicker. Eva gets really mad at Gideon, making him reflect and think that maybe he should have taken things another way..... No kidding -_- This last few pages are agonizing because we see Eva and Gideon being miserable without each other, we see how truly dependent they are on each other and its heartbreaking. But it helps Gideon put his shit together and finally deciding to go to see the shrink and telling him everything. About Hugh and about how he feels about everything that has been happening in the last few months.

This book dragged on slower than the others only because some of the drama was completely unessesary and sometimes I wanted to slap Eva right across the face for having "doubts" about her relashionship with Gideon. Gideon as always was hot as fuck and a babe. My opinion is that the next book needs to be 50% fluff, 20% drama, 5% wedding and 25% sex

I love books and I hope you do too!
FR

No comments:

Post a Comment