Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Percy Jackson: The Lightning Thief.

All I can say right now that...............The movie ruined the book. Completely and Absolutely. Real Sad. :( This review will be written in blue in honor to Poseidon, The Lord of the Seas.

All I can think right now is how I didn't read this book sooner. What was going through my mind when I didn't read them? I am so disappointed in myself. The same think happened with Vampire Academy but the difference is that there wasn't a movie coming out and I didn't knew that it would be my obsession......
This book was so good, I completely praised the author. The reason I didn't finished it sooner was because I read them over thanksgiving so I had things to do, plus I've been reading Klaroline fanfiction which I love so I didn't had the time...... I finished it on Sunday and the reason I am putting the review today is because I kept forgetting to do it. I meant to write this yesterday but I forgot, so here it is!!!!!! YAAY!!!!!

The story is completely different from the movie. It has more adventure, suspense, and we see all of this mythological stuff that was really good and I completely loved that. I like books where you can learn stuff from it that, like me, you are actually going to use. For example, if you take myth programs in college, you are going to need this information at some point right? I feel like in the series of Percy Jackson, it carries you through this world full of myth and adventures and also you are learning things along the way that depending on your career, you are going to need later in life :) Unless you are a demi-god, don't read this if you are one or think you are....

Percy Jackson is about to be kicked out of boarding school... again. And that's the least of his troubles. Lately, mythological monsters and the gods of Mount Olympus seem to be walking straight out of the pages of Percy's Greek mythology textbook and into his life. And worse, he's angered a few of them. Zeus' master lightning bolt has been stolen, and Percy is the prime suspect.

 Now Percy and his friends have just ten days to find and return Zeus' stolen property and bring peace to a warring Mount Olympus. But to succeed on his quest, Percy will have to do more than catch the true thief: he must come to terms with the father who abandoned him; solve the riddle of the Oracle, which warns him of betrayal by a friend; and unravel a treachery more powerful than the gods themselves.
If you are a person who hasn't read the book...........GO READ IT AND COME BACK!
I love books and I hope you do too!!!
FR (if you have, continue reading)

SPOILER SECTION BELOW....................................................

The thing I loved the most about this book was how real it felt. There was a second that I thought, Wait, is this actually happening? Can this actually happened?  Rick Riordan grabs this adventures and makes them feel real. Like they could actually happen. When Anabeth says that ADHD is one of the effects demi-gods in the real world, it blew me away. Its so interesting how you have all this traits so many people have but are ashamed of it and he puts them on all of these heroes as if he is sending a message to those kids saying "You are special, even more special because you can do all these things with challenges in front of you"  I really liked that.

I love how Percy is all insecure at the beginning and shy and thinking that nobody would like him and insisting they had the wrong guy and as the book goes, Percy grows into this brave awesome demi-god, but still he is shy and insecure. I think that is going to be his fatal flaw. That he is sure that he wasn't special and that he is going to fail, all this what if's in his mind slowing him down.
I think my favorite scene in these book was when Clarisse tried to push his head in the toilet and he just summons the water, and then he is so confused but still he is all badass.

She annoyed me- Clarisse. Because she thinks she is all grate just because her father was Ares. Seriously? His father is Poseidon, you doofus!

I seriously kept waiting for the lightning to be stolen so we could go find it. I was so excited when they finally went. First they went to New Jersey. I knew something bad would happen the minute they got into the bus. I wasn't surprised that the furies came along, but it was so shocking that they destroyed that bus. Before that, Percy was already a Wanted list for kidnaping. Now, does this makes sense? A twelve year old kidnapping her own full-grown mother. Yeah, that makes total sense. They go to that creepy garden with all the statues and as soon as I read the word "statue" I knew: Medusa was here. Our favorite gorgon has come to play!! Yay! Not!

The only part I was really shocked was when Luke revealed himself. They were taking me in a path and I totally believed Ares was the one behind everything (besides Kronos). When Percy sees that blade that could cut humans and thinks "That's weird, Heroes are not supposed to harm humans" That was the OH SHIT! moment. When I realized that Percy had to GET THE HELL AWAY FROM THERE. When Percy gets bitten by that scorpion, I forgot for a moment that this was only the first book and was so afraid he would die T.T

I loved this series....... :D
...........................................................................................................

I love books and I hope you do too!!! I like this font BTW!!!!
FR

PS. IM CURRENTLY ALMOST FINISHED WITH SEA OF MONSTER SO ESPECT THE REVIEW SOMETIME TOMORROW!
XD
:)
;)
;D
:D
:3
PERCY IS PERF!*__*

No comments:

Post a Comment