Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 15, 2015

AngelFall by Susan EE

Many people reccomended me this book, and for a long time I did not picked it up. I just didn't seem to have the time to buy it or even look for it! But then early December I ordered a box thing of books in amazon, and I finally bought the bloody book. I was super excited to read it, of course, but the problem was that I had no motivation. It sat on my bookshelve sad and unread, and I felt so badly because Rhezze (follow her on twitter at @ohchstiangrey) was always telling me to read it, and I wanted to, but I could not picked it up! I hated myself for being so weak :(

Earlier on January, I finally did, and oh boy was I glad I did it. This book is such a wonderful read! You get every single thrill of a good book, including fan favorite genres like suspence, romance, action, and fantasy. Loved every single moment of this ride and I'm so glad the third one is coming out later this year *claps*

Since its been 2 months since I read this book, my review is going to be a little bit vague and non-spoilery, but I guess that's good right? Right?? 

It's been six weeks since the angels of the apocalypse destroyed the world as we know it. Only pockets of humanity remain. 

Savage street gangs rule the day while fear and superstition rule the night. 

When angels fly away with a helpless girl, her seventeen-year-old sister Penryn will do anything to get her back...









Plot:

The angels are destroying earth. They have come to earth to create the apocalypse and no one is abl Peryn is a girl trying to survive with her family and just making sure her sister is safe and as happy as she can be. When she runs across an angel fight where she witnesses Raffe- one of the angels in the group- being stripped of his wings, she mistakenly antagonises one of the attackers and the result is her sister being taken from her by the angels. Angry at the angels and at herself for being so stupid, she demands Raffe to give her information on where they are taking her sister. They agree that they will make a pact to get her sister back in return on him getting his wings back on his back with the help of a surgeon. Two unlikely allies will go on a journey on the futuristic San Francisco. 

Angels ass gets kicked, and the arguments between Peryn and Raffe are the best thing ever. I think what makes this series so grate is that they actually start with the characters disliking each other and treating each other like enemies and slowly building that relationship based on trust and kindness.It makes it seem so much real and the fact that they are sweet to each other while fighting their feeling throughout the whole book makes it so much fun to read!

Characters:

Peryn is a fantastic female character. Shes so badass and definetly does not need saving. She kills and kicks ass like nobody's business and she does it in style! I absolutely love her, Her sense of humor is dark and amazing and I will say I have a crush on this girl cause she's hot and badass *heart eyes* She is proud of being a human and proves that you dont have to be supernatural to save yourself, 

Raffe is an amazing angel, even tho he doesnt have wings. He's sweet and kind and sassy as hell. All I love in a male character. Honestly he and Peryn had so much sexual tension and he did not make it hard to ship them. He was so sweet and considarate with Peryn but at the same time, he's trying to deny his feelings towards her, just because of the laws the angels have with humans and angels mating. Lets call it mating. *quickly moves on*

Page is such an adorable character. Even tho we don't really get to see her in this book, you get the idea that she is super kind to people and is like amazing and innocent, She's handicapped, and has to seat on a wheelchair so that's part of the problem on "surving", but honestly I really liked Paige

Overall Comment: 

Since this is the review for the first book, I will not spoil the second book, but I will say this series is amazing and alot of people should read it! I loved the characters and the plot is so amazing. It keeps you in the edge of your seat and will leave you wanting more by the end 

(Be sure to check out Rheeze blog when you leave this page! Shes awesome and she has a blog with all her friends and its amazing. Ill leave the link below :) )

Calloway Books

Thank you for taking the time to read this and make sure to comment what you thought about Angel Fall!!! Did you love it? Did you hate it? Comment below!!

I love books and I hope you do too!
FR

No comments:

Post a Comment