Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Slammed by Colleen Hoover

I completely adore this woman. I had forgotten how much I liked this series. Colleen knows how to transfer love into pages, and I absolutely loved the poetry typed in this book. Its so emotional and so freaking sweet. Its one of those  books you can actually feel your heart braking as if it where your own. It was just so amazingly beautiful, the writing was poetic..... I loved this.

Lake Cohen's dad just died. Now she is moving to another country, bitter, and angry. She is losing hope about everything. She thinks that this move would be the worst thing that ever happened to her..... How wrong she was. Enter Will Cooper, her neighbor. Now, seriously, this guy made me swoon, he make me question EVERYTHING I thought I knew about dead. About grief. About giving up life as you know it. Lake and Will have an instant connection that you don't just get with anyone. Its that once in a lifetime moment where you know inside, in your soul, that this person will change you. Their relationship is absolutely gorgeous. I fell in love with will but there where moments I wanted to punch him and be mad at him ...... but I just couldn't. 



Their first date was butterflying beautiful!!!!! I was cheering  the whole time. It was so good and so cute and so sad and so funny. It was awesome. How he tells her about his parents and what happened to them in a poem was absolutely amazingly beautiful. How she tells him about her  parents its so..... tearfully amazing. In their first date they go to CLUB N9NE. This club is not a normal club that night. Its a slam club, That is what will is all about. Slamming. I KNOW! I BET YOUR THINKING "A HOT GUY THAT LIKES POETRY?" I was thinking the same thing. He is the most thoughtful person ever read about..... not really but in the top 10 him being #5.

Her mom was the sweetest, most hilarious mom character I ever read. She is so supportive and gives the most amazing advise you can get. I love how loving she was about Will and Caulder and how right she was about everything. She thought of everything..... I LOVED HER!!!!!!

Some advice she gave>>>>>>>>>>


 


Monday. This book thought me a lot of things, you want to know one of them? MONDAYS SUCK ASS!!!!!! Not saying anything else......

Seriously though.... why did it happened? IT BROKE MY HEART......but fixed it too!!!!

The poetry was bloody amazing. Colleen, are you sure you don't slam? Because you should. I mean, how good the poems where is.... well good.  I could seat her and gush about how good they were, or I could show you. I'll show you.

This book thought me that sometimes life is hard, but that doesn't mean you have to stop fighting against it. That sometimes, the most unexpected things in life happens that you cant avoid. That death is the only inevitable thing in life and that sometimes your not prepared for it. That sometimes its ok to talk backwards and to life your life however you want. I learned so much in 315 pages. GO READ IT!!!

I love books and I hope you do too!!!
FR

 

No comments:

Post a Comment