Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

It got me....

Welcome to another episode of...... THE BOOK REVIEW!!!!

Just kidding, but I've always wanted to do that :) Ok.

*serious face*
Ok, so now that I've done that, I will get serious. Because the book I am talking about today is not a joking matter, its a serious case that not only does not many people are aware of, but also could ruin  a persons life.

The book I'm talking about today is called "Total Constant Order". 

You probably don't know it. Not many people do. You see, these book is one of those books that I don't understand why is not getting any fame. I totally adored this book, it seriously opened my eyes to all the things I don't understand about me and my body. Like one of the main characters, I have ADD. I see things in way that most people don't understand. I can travel from place to place and not be aware that I'm doing that. But its not like that anymore. I take medication that helps me stay in control of my body, to be me, without losing control.

This is the story of Fin, a girl that not only does not understands why she is different, she gets teased because of it. Fin counts uncontrollably. She counts everything she sees, from clocks, to music, she even counts the hair in people's hair. She doesn't understand why she does this, why she is different from everybody else. She tries to talk to her mom about it, but it ends up in her mother taking her to a doctor. Fin hated it. She did not understood why she had to go there. She wasn't crazy. But she still went.

In that place, she got introduced to OCD (obsessive Control Disorder), and learned that she could fight this battle within her, she just had to be strong enough to take it. OCD basically is that you have obsessions very easily. In her case, she would always count. She had an obsession with numbers, and with time she learned that this wasn't her fault and with the right help, she could fight against this monster inside her.

Thayer, our 2nd main character, is the one that got me hooked in this story. I loved him, because I saw a little of myself in him. You see, he has ADD (Attention diaphysis Disorder) and that means he- we- don't concentrate as easily as other people. He fights against it, take the right meds, but there is a moment where you cant fight it all and you just quit. Just give up. But he doesn't do that and that is what I love about Thayer. He also has asthma and I think that plus the ADD is an enormous battle to fight and I really admire him of how strong he is.

Like I said, I feel that this book is getting overly neglected and I really feel that you should go read it. Its an amazing story that opens your eyes and changes the way you think.

I love books and I hope you do too.
FR

No comments:

Post a Comment