Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Falling into you

I have just finished falling into us, and that means now I'm doing a review YAY!!!

To be honest, it was better than I expected. I will post the blurb below this if you want to read it and if you have read it, or just finished it or whatever, go below so you can discuss it with me!!!!

I wasn't always in love with Colton Calloway; I was in love with his younger brother, Kyle, first. Kyle was my first one true love, my first in every way.
Then, one stormy August night, he died, and the person I was died with him.

Colton didn't teach me how to live. He didn't heal the pain. He didn't make it okay. He taught me how to hurt, how to not be okay, and, eventually, how to let go


There you have it! This book does content explicit content so if you get easily uncomfortable with that kind of stuff, I recommend you NOT to read it.

Warning: Review contains high spoilers and I know how much it sucks to be spoiled.

The book starts with Nell describing us her friendship with Kyle. They grew up right next to each other, and were best friends all their lives. Were born to days apart. Their relationship is really a "best-friend liking each other so they date". How they start dating is really ironic. Turns out this guy named Jason asks her out so she tells Kyle. Kyle, of course, is not happy so he tells her not to go out with him. (Don't hate me Kyle-lovers, but I really thought Kyle was so bossy. Don't get me wrong, he was sweet and everything, but I felt like she couldn't decide what to do with her life that DIDNT involve Kyle in it) Kyle starts to tell Nell how much he'd always want her, and that it was unimaginable to think of her with another guy. To this, Nell responds that she couldn't think of her with another guy either. Out of the blue, she asks if she could borrow his phone (Beautiful Disaster lovers, I know you fangirled over this, DONT LIE) She calls Jason-who is Kyle's best friend- and tells him she is not going out with him anymore. Then they kiss. And kiss. And kiss.

We skip 2 months later, where she is thinking whether or not to have SEX with Kyle, what she didn't know was that Kyle had already rented  a hotel room. Without her concern. WHO DOES THAT? (Its V-Day BTW ) Later that night after dinner she decides she is ready so they have sex.


Jump 2 years later, they are eighteen. They finally are "adults" and their parents give them permission to go have a hot weekend away. Then one night  there is a really big storm, and they are in their car, going inside. But not before Kyle pops the WYMM (will you marry me) bomb. Surprised, she gets out of the car. She says no. She says its too soon and that they needed time, that they would marry, but not right now. Right at that moment , lightning struck, and it hit the branch right above her, but as it was about to hit her, Kyle tackles her out of the way, and takes the hit instead. As he died, she cried, and suffered. He dies in her arms and it kills her.
At the funeral, she barely talks, barely survives, and then she meets Colton. He is your typical don't-mess-with-me kind of guy, but with Nell he is gentle and she guiltily realizes that with Colton, she feels at home.

 
Yay!!! I finished my first October Challenge book. Now the next one that is "Falling into us". I didn't realized it was so bug until I saw it. (oops, that sounded wrong)
 
 
I will leave you now!!! I'm sleepy!!
I love books and I hope you do to
FR

No comments:

Post a Comment